Skip to main content

Empty Cafe

Do you ever feel like the people around us, at times, influence us too much. At least a guy like me, who listens more than talk, feels like that. I mean it's like you are being bombarded with thoughts and ideas and experiences and views and opinions. And this stuff isn't just about what people are doing, it's about what I'm doing as well.

That doesn't mean I don't like to be around people, it's just that sometimes the place called mind is overcrowded. And that's the reason, my own thoughts are finding it difficulty to find their way. Getting what I mean?

And that's when I made a plan. A plan to find some me time. But sitting at home alone doesn't work, cause when we are alone at home, we have an habit to surrender to the trio(fb-whatsapp-insta), so I thought, let's get out.

But when I got out, the places I know, they were filled with people. Just like crowded mind, these crowded places were unable to give the space I needed. And I kept looking, untill I found it, an empty cafe.

The place had a good ambience, not very big space, soothing music, and when I entered, somebody actually greeted me politely. I mean have you actually been greeted by a person you don't know, politely. The feeling is bliss.

Then I went through the menu, peacefully. Nobody to hurry the order, even the attendant suggested me few stuff. After placing the order, I picked some magazines, available there, while grabbing the window seat. And actually read at a cafe. I mean that was like a dream coming true ( I got weird wishes..lol)

But do you know what's the best part, i was all alone, and I could sit calmly and observe the things around me. To absorb the environment I'm in. I know, not everyone will understand that, but it feels great to be able to see the things for what they are without any noise around.

And then I had the food, which I actually enjoyed, bite by bite. When was the last time you did that? Worth thinking, right? And after finishing the meal, I sat for some more time, cause nobody was there to tell me what to do and what not to. And the absence of people, in the country of 1.3 billion people, does provide the me time every one deserves.

While leaving, I took a glance at the empty cafe, and a smile appeared on my face, cause I knew, I'll be visiting there soon again.

Provided that it's empty.. 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book Thief

There are stories. There are good stories. And then there are stories which touch your soul. One such story is written by Markus Zusak, named as The Book thief. Narrated by the death itself, it's a story of a kid from Nazi Germany. Her name is Liesel. Living in a foster home, with her new Papa and Mama. But life is not fair with her. She has memories of a brother, she lost on a train. Her new mother is awful cook and pretty tough on her. She has nightmares every night. As she starts to live this new life on a place called Himmel Street, stuff keeps happening. She makes a best friend Rudy, who's has crush on her. Her father teaches her the art of reading from a book she has stolen from grave yard. And hence the title, the book thief. And then there's another important character, called Max. Who is a Jew in a Nazi Germany, who is given shelter in her basement. You go on a journey from a train, to a football match on street, to stealing apples and bread. From playing accordion...

A Lone Journey!

"Would she remember me?", "Did I make a good Impression?", "Or is it just another click?", these are one of few thoughts I am having. May be I should stop thinking about her smile. That's the prettiest part of this short trip. An unexpected meet, then sharing sweet glances may be wasn't enough, that's why she gave a very warm goodbye along with an invitation to visit again. OMG! I have to stop thinking about her. This wont work ever. I know very well. May be all I need is little distraction to get normal. Looking outside the bus window might help. but while leaving this town, I am glad that I could collect some memories. At the end of the day, that's all you have , right? People you care, instances which make you happy, inspirations for bright tomorrow. Yeah! That is all matter.  Just like this journey, life is moving. For a couple of days She was my Travelling Buddy. Not Any More. I wish our journey could be prolonged. Trav...

The Good, The Bad and The Corporate

I have often heard that, people don’t come in Black and White; they are always in the shades of grey. Confused? Let me explain. Like the old good Hindi movies, there is no absolute goodwill hero or absolute evil villain. Everyone belong in between, the scale which connects the absolute good and pure evil. But that’s something you already know, don’t you? Of course you do, because at times we behave good and bit evil as well. And this evil doesn’t mean being a bad person, it just means “Not waiting for the signal to turn green”, or “Throwing the garbage on the road” (Cause there was no dustbin around, so lame reason, Lol). My point being, everybody is bad sometime and vice a versa. So that covers the good and the bad, but what’s the corporate ha? Now these are the strangest but the smartest people on the earth (at least they think so,Lol). So being in corporate life for almost two years, I observed many people. People of my age, little bit seniors and highly seniors as well. And ...