Skip to main content

Maybe :)

You might relate to this. Majority people travel on same route, everyday. And on this  everyday route, we often miss few things which we should notice. Same happens with me. Maybe it's how our subconscious work. We look at the same things everyday but we miss few things everyday as well.

Similarly, on my route, there is a giant ten storey abandoned building. I don't know why I never noticed, maybe there was no reason to notice. But once I did, it gave me a weird vibe. So for next few weeks, everyday when I passed by this building, I took a short glance at it, and that vibe started to form a thought, slowly.



And here is the thought,

Everyone dreams to have a great life, a voyage they could boast about. A grand party at the end. A huge conclusion like a movie. Just like that building was supposed to be at the end. But maybe, just maybe, we all could be wrong. 

Maybe all we need to have are little wins and little losses. Maybe all we would get is a small house party at the end. Maybe, all we should build is a short house, but complete. Rather than a big ten storey abandoned dream.

Maybe greatness doesn't mean having something grand in life. Maybe it just means understanding what life stands for. It may stand for making your family happy. It may stand for learning what you desire. It may stand for traveling to places, so many more things.

So next time you see a quote about how to become great, just try to ignore it, cause maybe, just maybe, you are already great!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Book Thief

There are stories. There are good stories. And then there are stories which touch your soul. One such story is written by Markus Zusak, named as The Book thief. Narrated by the death itself, it's a story of a kid from Nazi Germany. Her name is Liesel. Living in a foster home, with her new Papa and Mama. But life is not fair with her. She has memories of a brother, she lost on a train. Her new mother is awful cook and pretty tough on her. She has nightmares every night. As she starts to live this new life on a place called Himmel Street, stuff keeps happening. She makes a best friend Rudy, who's has crush on her. Her father teaches her the art of reading from a book she has stolen from grave yard. And hence the title, the book thief. And then there's another important character, called Max. Who is a Jew in a Nazi Germany, who is given shelter in her basement. You go on a journey from a train, to a football match on street, to stealing apples and bread. From playing accordion...

A Lone Journey!

"Would she remember me?", "Did I make a good Impression?", "Or is it just another click?", these are one of few thoughts I am having. May be I should stop thinking about her smile. That's the prettiest part of this short trip. An unexpected meet, then sharing sweet glances may be wasn't enough, that's why she gave a very warm goodbye along with an invitation to visit again. OMG! I have to stop thinking about her. This wont work ever. I know very well. May be all I need is little distraction to get normal. Looking outside the bus window might help. but while leaving this town, I am glad that I could collect some memories. At the end of the day, that's all you have , right? People you care, instances which make you happy, inspirations for bright tomorrow. Yeah! That is all matter.  Just like this journey, life is moving. For a couple of days She was my Travelling Buddy. Not Any More. I wish our journey could be prolonged. Trav...

The Good, The Bad and The Corporate

I have often heard that, people don’t come in Black and White; they are always in the shades of grey. Confused? Let me explain. Like the old good Hindi movies, there is no absolute goodwill hero or absolute evil villain. Everyone belong in between, the scale which connects the absolute good and pure evil. But that’s something you already know, don’t you? Of course you do, because at times we behave good and bit evil as well. And this evil doesn’t mean being a bad person, it just means “Not waiting for the signal to turn green”, or “Throwing the garbage on the road” (Cause there was no dustbin around, so lame reason, Lol). My point being, everybody is bad sometime and vice a versa. So that covers the good and the bad, but what’s the corporate ha? Now these are the strangest but the smartest people on the earth (at least they think so,Lol). So being in corporate life for almost two years, I observed many people. People of my age, little bit seniors and highly seniors as well. And ...