Skip to main content

First Rain 2018: Into the storm

It's the day when I'm going home, almost after three months. I have a carpool to catch. I get my work done, bit early than usual, so that I won't have to hurry last minute. It's simple 20 min drive on a regular day, but it's not the normal day, it's the first rain of 2018.

I look out of the window, just before leaving, and I can tell. If I don't leave in time, I'm gonna get caught up in the rain, so I pack my bags and get on the bike. And the voyage begins.

In school days, when we try some mischief and get caught, we see the teacher heading towards our bench, and we start feeling this chill, remember? Same happened with me on this very day, I could see the rainy storm arriving, but I can't stop, I need to go. And it goes on getting harder, tougher and undesirable.

And at a point in this 11 km ride, I can't see what's ahead of me after 10 feet. And then one strong wind hits me, I just can't drive anymore. So I stop, let the wind pass, and start again. It takes more time than I expected, I get drenched in water when I end this trip.

Does that sound similar? Cause it is similar to something called life. And when I reached home, after experiencing this storm, I learnt something which is gonna help me in coming future. Cause I'm on the verge of entering a real storm in the voyage of Life. And I can't let it stop me from heading home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Book Thief

There are stories. There are good stories. And then there are stories which touch your soul. One such story is written by Markus Zusak, named as The Book thief. Narrated by the death itself, it's a story of a kid from Nazi Germany. Her name is Liesel. Living in a foster home, with her new Papa and Mama. But life is not fair with her. She has memories of a brother, she lost on a train. Her new mother is awful cook and pretty tough on her. She has nightmares every night. As she starts to live this new life on a place called Himmel Street, stuff keeps happening. She makes a best friend Rudy, who's has crush on her. Her father teaches her the art of reading from a book she has stolen from grave yard. And hence the title, the book thief. And then there's another important character, called Max. Who is a Jew in a Nazi Germany, who is given shelter in her basement. You go on a journey from a train, to a football match on street, to stealing apples and bread. From playing accordion...

The Good, The Bad and The Corporate

I have often heard that, people don’t come in Black and White; they are always in the shades of grey. Confused? Let me explain. Like the old good Hindi movies, there is no absolute goodwill hero or absolute evil villain. Everyone belong in between, the scale which connects the absolute good and pure evil. But that’s something you already know, don’t you? Of course you do, because at times we behave good and bit evil as well. And this evil doesn’t mean being a bad person, it just means “Not waiting for the signal to turn green”, or “Throwing the garbage on the road” (Cause there was no dustbin around, so lame reason, Lol). My point being, everybody is bad sometime and vice a versa. So that covers the good and the bad, but what’s the corporate ha? Now these are the strangest but the smartest people on the earth (at least they think so,Lol). So being in corporate life for almost two years, I observed many people. People of my age, little bit seniors and highly seniors as well. And ...

A Lone Journey!

"Would she remember me?", "Did I make a good Impression?", "Or is it just another click?", these are one of few thoughts I am having. May be I should stop thinking about her smile. That's the prettiest part of this short trip. An unexpected meet, then sharing sweet glances may be wasn't enough, that's why she gave a very warm goodbye along with an invitation to visit again. OMG! I have to stop thinking about her. This wont work ever. I know very well. May be all I need is little distraction to get normal. Looking outside the bus window might help. but while leaving this town, I am glad that I could collect some memories. At the end of the day, that's all you have , right? People you care, instances which make you happy, inspirations for bright tomorrow. Yeah! That is all matter.  Just like this journey, life is moving. For a couple of days She was my Travelling Buddy. Not Any More. I wish our journey could be prolonged. Trav...