Skip to main content

First Rain: Year 2017


So if you know me, you know how much crazy I'm for rain. So when it started raining, my thoughts started blooming. So I am writing again, First Rain. Last year the rain arrived in March only, but this year it is almost mid May. The longer the wait, the stronger the Impact.

So I'm in office, listening to my senior telling something about some useless Code (Computer Program, hope u get that), and I'm completely bored. And all of a sudden a thunder roars, and then another, they just keep on going. And I am all cheered up again, running to lift, to reach the ground floor, to reach the open space, to reach the drops from heaven, to reach the life I used to live.


And when the drops from heaven hit me, it's just bliss. I forget that I still have couple of hours to work, I forget that the Saturday isn't off this weekend, I forget that there is a pile of tasks to be done once I get home, I just forget. I become invincible to all worries in the world, as this shower is cleaning them away. I keep looking at the dance of lightning, it's refreshing, to see something which men can't control.

So while writing this stuff, I'm glad that I could have a cup of tea in rain. I'm glad to have few friends to share this craze for rain. I'm glad to have a bike for a classic rain ride, and most importantly I'm glad that I'm still the same guy who cherish such small things in life, what else do u need right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Character

I love watching movies. It's my favorite past time. And every good movie has something unique. This goes for movies across genres. Of course depending upon your liking and ability to relate or understand certain subjects, you might not like a good movie. But that doesn't mean it's not a good movie. But what a movie buff would always agree is that any movie that gets fan following, does follow one strategy. It sticks to the core subject. It has a character. As long as a movie or a web series sticks to it's core subject and puts in efforts to convey the story without getting slow, it would turn out to be a good movie. If it's an action movie, it should have the best possible action sequences. For a comedy one, you should be laughing your guts out. For a drama, it should touch your emotions. A musical should make you tap your feet.  I believe, just like any good movie, we all have one true character. Some are calm minded, some are outlandishly funny. Some are extremely

Gratitude and Goals

It's almost a decade now, when Matthew McConaughey won an Oscar for Dallas buyers club. And during that ceremony, he perhaps gave the most inspirational and yet pragmatic speech. He said that we only need three things in our lives. Someone to look up to, someone to look forward to and something to chase for.  And I think it's a minimalistic approach. And I too believe that it's the right way. We fill up our minds with so many things, we forget the basics. We forget why we started the very thing. We get fed to the grind economy, to generate and then spend.  I don't have any problem with that, but while doing this we all are entering in a cycle of infinite comparison. Like the saying goes, we have entered the era, where we only see the greener grass on the next garden. We are looking so much outside, we are losing the art of appreciating what we have, known as Gratitude.  We forget to acknowledge the love we receive, or the work we do, or the little things we enjoy. And a

The Good, The Bad and The Corporate

I have often heard that, people don’t come in Black and White; they are always in the shades of grey. Confused? Let me explain. Like the old good Hindi movies, there is no absolute goodwill hero or absolute evil villain. Everyone belong in between, the scale which connects the absolute good and pure evil. But that’s something you already know, don’t you? Of course you do, because at times we behave good and bit evil as well. And this evil doesn’t mean being a bad person, it just means “Not waiting for the signal to turn green”, or “Throwing the garbage on the road” (Cause there was no dustbin around, so lame reason, Lol). My point being, everybody is bad sometime and vice a versa. So that covers the good and the bad, but what’s the corporate ha? Now these are the strangest but the smartest people on the earth (at least they think so,Lol). So being in corporate life for almost two years, I observed many people. People of my age, little bit seniors and highly seniors as well. And